My kids love chicken strips but I absolutely hate the mess and the work that comes along with frying them and the strips they sell in the frozen food section are awful. If I wanted to eat soggy rubber, I’d chew on my flip flop. Over the years, I’ve learned how to get crispy and delicious chicken strips (or nuggets, if you prefer) straight from the oven.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into even sized strips or nuggets
- A shallow dish with seasoned flour.( I always add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and paprika and then whatever else I have lying around and I’m in the mood for)
- A shallow dish with 2-3 eggs beaten
- A shallow dish with 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with your favorite cooking spray.
- Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture.
- Next put it into the beaten egg and coat well. (It helps to keep one hand dry so that your hands don’t turn into Floured Hulk hands)
- Coat chicken strip with panko.
- Place on baking sheet and continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over the strips. Bake for another 15-20 or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and vegetables. Total prep time is about 15-20 minutes and cook time is about 45 minutes. Sure it takes longer than getting them out of the freezer, but they taste so much better!