Today I reached my goal for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer which takes places in Chicago this weekend. I find it fitting that I reached this milestone on the same day as the end of Blogathon. Congrats to everyone that completed Blogathon 212 and good luck to everyone taking part in the walk this weekend!
Baked chicken strips May 24, 2012
My kids love chicken strips but I absolutely hate the mess and the work that comes along with frying them and the strips they sell in the frozen food section are awful. If I wanted to eat soggy rubber, I’d chew on my flip flop. Over the years, I’ve learned how to get crispy and delicious chicken strips (or nuggets, if you prefer) straight from the oven.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into even sized strips or nuggets
- A shallow dish with seasoned flour.( I always add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and paprika and then whatever else I have lying around and I’m in the mood for)
- A shallow dish with 2-3 eggs beaten
- A shallow dish with 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with your favorite cooking spray.
- Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture.
- Next put it into the beaten egg and coat well. (It helps to keep one hand dry so that your hands don’t turn into Floured Hulk hands)
- Coat chicken strip with panko.
- Place on baking sheet and continue until all chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over the strips. Bake for another 15-20 or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and vegetables. Total prep time is about 15-20 minutes and cook time is about 45 minutes. Sure it takes longer than getting them out of the freezer, but they taste so much better!
Blogathon Haiku May 21, 2012
Oh crap, it’s eleven!
Almost forgot today’s blog.
Guess I’ll half ass it.
Sunday Storm May 20, 2012
We just had a quick storm blow through. While the rain was coming down fairly hard, the sun was still shining through the clouds. I wrapped my camera in a plastic bag and tried to get a rainbow picture or two. Went outside into the pouring rain and NO RAINBOW! I’ve been cheated out of a frickin’ rainbow. Bad enough we’re too far east for the solar eclipse, now I don’t get a well earned rainbow. I will not be playing the lottery anytime soon.
15 days until the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer May 18, 2012
and I still need to raise about 800 dollars. Getting nervous. Leave fundraising suggestions in the comment if you have any.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!